Sunday, December 12, 2010

New week…

I haven’t quite figured things out yet. Try as I might I can not get under the 189. Up a pound this day, down a pound that day. I am following a 1200 calorie diet, working out 3-4 times a week (though last week I slacked a bit until I joined the gym), drinking an amazing amount of water. Maybe joining the gym will help. I sure do hope so.

This morning I was feeling pretty disappointed. There’s no way I can lose the last 9 lbs in 19 days. I won’t make my goal and it hurt. It made me cry, it made me mad, it made me upset. Then I remembered the nicest comment I had in this whole process. This past week I met up with two old co-workers that haven’t seen me all year, one man, one woman, and both had to pick up their teeth, close their mouths and then had the nicest things to say. Dan said I look so much younger then when I worked with him 12 years ago. Tammy hugged me and just couldn’t stop saying sweet things. So I need to not look forward right now, I needed to look back and remember just how far I have come and what I have done and what I can still do. I’m still a bit sad but I’m not throwing in the towel. So maybe I won’t lose the last 9 lbs, maybe it’ll be 3, maybe 5, could even be 7. We’ll just see.

So this week is more calorie counting, more water and more gym. Tomorrow Brenda and I are leaving the house at 4:45am to go and work out. Our gym opens at 5 and we are going to be there to give it our best shot. I have to be back home for daycare at 8:00 but we should be able to get a good two hours in, plus paperwork before we head home.

I have one question I need an answer to. First I’ll explain why. On Saturday when we went to work out, it was 7am and I just had a tiny muffin thinking that would be enough to hold me until I got home to have a decent breakfast. I walk/ran for 30 minutes, worked out with the weight machines for 30 minutes and as I was finishing up some bench pressing I sat up and damn near hit the floor. I felt faint, puky and beyond light headed. Brenda went and got me some OJ and after a little bit I felt good enough to finish up our double workout. My question is, what is the proper breakfast before a work out? I know it couldn’t be anything heavy because it’ll come back up, it can’t be to light because that didn’t work. Help my friends.

So it’s onward and upwards to this new week. I hope you all have a great productive one. May we all lose a pound or three. Take care and God Bless!!

9 comments:

Cathy said...

If you are going to work out with weights you really should eat some protein before you go. This is one of my favorite breakfasts : 2 eggs, scrambled, 1/2 whole grain bagel (110 calories) with a tsp natural peanut butter. Work out with weights first. Then do cardio. That is what my trainer advises me, and I cannot argue with the results!

Anonymous said...

I have been eating a good, happy, nice, huge meal 1.5 hours before beginning my walks/anything of that sort. (because of my night schedule) But I have no idea why, one hour of walking later, I'm in the shower thinking, ummm, I'm majorly hungry again and if I don't eat, I'm going to have acidity, which just won't do! Did I answer you? :D

Anonymous said...

A goal is something to strive for...not the end all to enda all :-)

Ron said...

I personally exercise 1st thing in the morning before eating anything, but I don't think that is really a good idea, I would recommend Cathy's advice above, especially since it appears that a tiny muffin is not enough for you.

Michelle @ Those Last 75 Pounds said...

I absolutely need a little something in my belly before a workout or I feel light-headed and nauseous. If I'm just doing cardio, I'll eat a banana and 1/2 cup milk and water, water, water. If I'm planning on doing cardio & some weights, I'll do half a banana with some peanut butter on half an english muffin or half of one of those thin buns.

And whether you lose three more or nine more, you have done amazing and even if the nine takes a few more weeks, it's still gone. All gone!

Retta said...

How wonderful that just when you needed that encouragement, along came those two!

I have no doubt you will make your goal... soon. You've made such great progress, and I KNOW you will finish triumphantly. :-)

Loretta
=^..^=

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

It is amazing to look back and see how far we've come. Like climbing a mountain... sometimes we're so focussed on getting to that next point that we don't realize how far we've come and how amazing that it. Good for you Julie! You rock girl!! Keep it up and don't give up.

God bless...
~Margene

Jess said...

You're doing awesome! In honor of all your hard work and success, I've left an award for you on my blog!

Twix said...

I'd agree with Cathy, a little protein. And add smaller carb - a slow acting one.

Don't worry about the scale. I know take my own advice, ;-). What other changes are you seeing or should be looking for. I bet you're a lot stronger all around than what you were weeks ago. Keep it up! You're doing great!