Sunday, December 5, 2010

I treated myself….

This weekend, for the first time in years, I treated myself to getting my caterpillars taken care of. They were having a short Christmas special so for $9.00 I got my eyebrows shaped and boy do they look better.

I also treated myself to a new to me sweater and t-shirt to match. I spent a whopping $3.00 on the two but am very happy with it.

I had Mike take pictures this morning to share with you. I’m not happy with my image yet but you can see how things are shaping up.

Me 006 Me 003

I also did something else today. I treated myself to more fresh fruit and veggies then I have ever. These are just part of them.

Me 007 

I also picked up 96/4% ground beef, chicken breasts and sliced turkey. All of this means I am ready for the next phase of Allan’s challenge.spawn

Well here’s to a great week for everyone. We are strong, we are smart and we are in this together. Thank you everyone for all your help along this life style journey of mine.

P.S. I got this yesterday from a great friend that has been helping me in lots of ways but mostly with my fear of an empty nest. Want to stop by and check her out? Go here. I’m suppose to past it on to those that comment all the time but there’s no way I can do that. So if you stop by you may pick up this award if you wish.

Take care my friends. God Bless!!

13 comments:

Linda said...

It's good to do something for yourself some times!
We all need a "Me" day!

Enjoy!

Kalei's Best Friend said...

My gosh, I definitely notice a difference!. You've lost a lot of weight in your face... Don't get down because of the lack of weight u are losing... The first 10 lbs. is partly water weight ( first 5)... and your system is now in shape for the rest.

MizFit said...

**whispers**
Ive never had my brows done!
Im terrified id emerge with one hair over each eye....

Ron said...

Looking good!

Anonymous said...

Good for you...everyone should treat themselves to a life's pleasure every once in a while

Cathy said...

You look great!

JB said...

Hi! I saw your post on Michelle's post. I live in MN, too and I used to be a daycare provider. :) I am now working in Group homes as I finish my degree in psychology. Looking to move from little people to big people. I am adding you to my blog roll and I look foward to getting caught up on your journey. Have a great Monday!! Janelle

Biz said...

I get my eyebrows actually taken off with thread - hurts like a son of a bitch, but it lasts so long - only $5 at Walmart of all places!

Karen said...

Love the new sweater and brows, kiddo! Wish you could share a few eyebrows with me-I have to paint mine on. Good job treating yourself to that pile of fruits and veggies. It really helps to have 'em on hand. Don't get too down on yourself about your week last week. I had 1 of those weeks, too. But we shall go forth and conquer together. Congrats on your award! blessings and hugs.

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous!!! I love the sweater!! :):) It looks very very good on you! :)

I'm taking that award! THANK YOU! :) :) and I'll even give it back to you from me. ;) Hugs.

Michele said...

Taking care of ourselves in other ways like you did is part of how we "care" for ourselves. Good for you! Nice 'brows and nice warm sweater!

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Nice sweater... and check out your jaw line... lookin' good sista!!! :)

~Margene

Rachel said...

Wow! You are looking amazing! New to you...that sounds like my kind of shopping! (my daughters too) I am sure you will knock this challenge out of the park!