Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Challenges…

That is what this past few days has been all about. Personal ones, business ones, financial ones, life style journey ones. I know that all of us have them, I know that all of us deal with them in some different ways. Me, I use to handle things a lot better then I do now. Don’t know why but maybe because I can see where some of it leads.

So the way I’ve been handling all of this extra stuff is not the way I should be. Both Monday and Tuesday were not good diet days. I made homemade bread and apple/banana muffins and had no intentions of eating any of it but that didn’t happen and once I had one, I ended up eating three/four. Then the bread came out and I had made homemade butter and well then ended up in my tummy. Yesterday I roasted a chicken and made two huge meals with it along with homemade gravy, stuffing, red potatoes and pudding. Well I didn’t keep my hands out of that either. I’m guessing in the both days I had enough carbs to last the week, plus the calories had to equal out at least 3 days worth. I don’t know, I can be so good for so long and then I screw up. Well it’s a good thing it’s just Wednesday, a new day, to do what I know I should. Today will be a veggie day, low calories, low carbs, low everything and that will go for tomorrow and Friday too. If I’m allowed 8000 calories a week and I’ve used up a huge portion of them, I better not screw up any more. It’s a good thing I joined the gym, at least some of the calories are getting burned off. It doesn’t help either that I started a cold on top of everything. When the stress is high, why do people have to get sick? It’s not like I can handle any more junk. I know the Lord says he won’t give us more then we can handle but I swear he sure does like to push and push at times.

So life challenges, poorly handled but I’m still learning. What have I learned, don’t do any baking when life isn’t cooperating. There are some thing I can work on and some I can’t do a darn thing about. I need to get back into the going with the flow instead of trying to head up stream. I’ll do it, I’ll get my ducks in a row…a straight row.

How are you doing? How’s the Christmas shopping going? How’s the house decorating going? Christmas parties? Tonight I am taking my mama, daddy, nephew and son to see one of Brainerd’s hugest lights displays. I hear it’s even bigger then last years so a perfect way to de-stress, unwind and enjoy the lights, sounds and feelings of Christmas. ‘Tis the season to enjoy, not worry about things. I’ll try really hard.

Take care my friends and have a blessed day today. Only 10 days until our Lords birthday. The real reason for the season. At least in my book.

6 comments:

Allan said...

Are ya ready ? There are 1000's maybe tens of 1000's of professional bakers that deal with pastry every day. They don't eat it... Think about it, bake, but do not eat it !! Loves ya.

Kalei's Best Friend said...

@Allan: I so agree w/ya... Just pure common sense.

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Certain things will be harder to resist than others so it's good to have a plan BEFORE you bake of what you will do or eat if you feel really tempted. For me it's about not looking or dwelling on the food at all and keeping busy. And having other options available to me. But it is so not easy and we always have to be patient with ourselves which is what you are doing. :)

I LOVE your pic of the manger scene there... beautiful! Have a great day, my friend.

~Margene

Anne H said...

I count my calories by the week too!

South Beach Steve said...

It sure is tough when we are hit so hard that it really tries us. In addition to the scripture you referenced, we are also told:

James 1:2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.4 And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Hang in there Julie. It will all come out in the wash.

Anonymous said...

I ate and slept, ate and slept yesterday too. But you know what? I love that you push just as hard and come fighting back. You do! You're on your way and God is helping you. :)

p.s. all that food talk made me hungry. :D