Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dumb as a box of rocks….

Yep, that me. How did I think it was going to be possible to go to the gym and work out? How come Sandra didn’t post just a bit earlier so I could of said “Sandra said I shouldn’t go?”. Dummy me. I mean really dummy me.

I went and walked 2 miles at a 4% grade at 3.8 mph. Now for me that’s a bit slow but I figured I’d take it easy. Then I worked out with the weight machines for an hour. I worked hard and when I got to the second to last one I was spent, not just a little…way over drawn. We left and I could barely speak or move. I got home and the coughing fits started up. I couldn’t breath, rest, sleep was out of the question and I had to be up at 5:00 this morning. Dummy!!!

Jim said there will be no exercise this week, at least not at the gym. Unless I can sleep the full night through, unless I can go a whole day without coughing, unless he sees Jesus and he tells him I can go. I really didn’t know the man cared but he was worried last night. Mike was mad at me for going. They both just didn’t understand I needed to go. I needed to work out. Well I did, I just didn’t need to do it that hard I guess.

So what did I learn? They care, they really do. What else did I learn, I guess pushing isn’t a good idea at times. It’s best to feel great, just not better before working out hard. I learned that I should listen to my body, my hubby, my peeps because they know more then my brain.

Oh well I’m paying for it today and probably tomorrow too but maybe by Friday I can go and work out. That sounds so strange for someone who hated to exercise.

I hope you all are doing grandly. I hope that you all have an awesome day. I hope that you all feel the Lords blessings upon you. Take care my friends.

6 comments:

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Of course they care about you and love you. Take care of yourself girl! Maybe build up to the more intense work outs. Sometimes how we feel and what our body can do are quite different!

Happy New Year!

~Margene

JB said...

Sometimes rest is the best exercise we can practice... give yourself some rest. There is a time for rest, a time for pushing it, and all inbetween. Curl up with a good book and a warm cup of soup and get better! ;)

Empty Nester said...

That does happen--once you start exercising and keep it up, it becomes addicting. I can't stand to miss a day of walking! But, listening to your body is a very good thing to do! And, of course they care. Everyone cares about you you silly girl! Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hmph. I'm glad you're okay because we all really do care about you. You're going to stay in my prayers, Julie. You heal well.

Ron said...

yes you can over do it...... take care of yourself first.... that extra pound are two had been around a while and it doesn't care if you lose it today or next week.... or next month....

Janet Oberholtzer said...

Hi ... first time here ... found you via Follow Friday 40 and over.
Congrats on your journey to get healthy ... you've come a long way! And being sick sucks and can feel like a step backwards, especially when you can't do what you want to as far as exercise goes, but it's not a step backwards, it's just a pause and pauses aren't bad, they simply are.
Rest up and enjoy the New year ... I look forward to following your journey.