Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday already….

It is amazing at time just how fast time flies by. I remember last week at this time writing to you and telling you my 5 challenges for that week. I didn’t do horrible last week for my first week but I could of done better so here’s a new week, another chance to try my best. I have a few new challenges I want to add this week, like….

1. Drink more water. Now if you know me I drink tons of water but it seems lately I have slipped on that and just either not thinking about it or going thirsty and that’s either dumb or wrong so this week I will drink 5-6 ounces of water every waking hour until a couple hours before bed time. I will then get in the needed 64-72 or more ounces needed for a healthy body.

2. I am going to start walking this week. It is going to be warmer and Mike said if I wait for him to come home we’ll go for a 2 mile hike before dinner time. I can’t wait for him today since we have scouts at 7 but I can the rest of the week.

3. I want to exercise 5 days in a row so I can have the weekend off especially since I work this weekend and find it hard to do it while the bigger kids are here.

4. I will allow myself one piece of dark chocolate after supper. It seems my body still craves that and if I know that I have one coming soon maybe it’ll help.

5. and….. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything
by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let
your requests be made known to God; and the
peace of God, which surpasses all understanding,
will guard your hearts and minds through Christ
Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7      This was in my devotion this morning and I said I was going ask the Lord for all the help he can give me so today I will give this life style change to the Lord. He can then strengthen me to do what I need to do without me feeling I’m doing it alone.

I don’t me alone such as you guys haven’t been a huge help with my support and all, I mean more the inside alone feeling when I’m exercising and complaining and feeling like no on is listening. I’ll complain to the Lord and then thank the Lord I can even be trying to do this because I know there’s no way Cindy could do this and I bet she’d trade everything to flop around like a fish on the floor then being stuck in bed. I’ll thank the Lord I have a TV to yell “slow down to” because I have a friend that has lost that and it’ll be awhile until they can afford to get it back. I’ll thank the Lord I can have the time to exercise during nap time because if i was in an office I’d be stuck there until quitting time and then would I have the energy to exercise? Probably not. Oh I have tons to be thankful for and I will tell the Lord each time I exercise THANK YOU!!!

So how did your first full week of your life style change go? Were you able to stick to it or fail here and there but get back on and kept at it? I do wish you were successful but just remember, the Lord gives us a new day to try it all over again so do what you can. My daddy’s says, “always do your best and let the Lord do the rest”. Bless you all this fine Monday morning. Take care and good luck.

No comments: