Dr. Oz is on and he’s talking about diets and exercise and stuff. I say, “who’s Dr. Oz?” As you can tell I don’t want much TV and when I do it’s like Extreme Home Makeover and Neat, Clean House….those kinds of shows. Anyways…. I learn few very important things when I watched him.
1. Did you know your waist is suppose to be 1/2 the height you are… such as I’m 5’6” which equals 66” so my waist is suppose to be 33”. It’s not, it probably will never be but it doesn’t mean I’m not going to try.
2. There are 5 foods we are suppose to avoid…. Sugars, syrups, white flour, saturated fats and trans fats. Not terrible hard since lots of us are home bakers/cooks. Just will take some adjusting too. Oh fat free and low fat just mean they took the fat out but put something else in there we don’t need.
3. Never eat off a plate bigger the 9”.
4. Eat a spicy breakfast, it speeds up the metabolism.
5. Have a partner and tell the world, blog, write, call, anything that makes you accountable.
6. Walk 10,000 steps a day. Have a good pair of shoes too, he said go buy a new pair, it’s more exciting to work out with new ones then the old ones. I’m stuck with the old ones for now.
7. Drink 64oz of water a day, for me that’s easy, I don’t drink coffee, pop, tea or much of anything else except 1% milk for breakfast and supper and a glass of juice if there’s any I like in the house.
8. Exercise. There are 4 ease exercises that you do each day and you don’t have to do them forever either. One is stand straight on your tip toes and move your arms back and forth side to side like you are trying to get rid of that darn bee that’s bugging you. Do that for two minutes. Two, lean against a wall, knees bent, feet straight out by your knees stay there for two minutes. Three is get on your hands and knees, extend your left hand and right leg as far back/forward they can go. Make a very long line then bring the two together at the knee stretch back out, repeat 5 times, do the same to the other side. And last, lay flat on your back, place your hands behind your head and bend your knees and raise them up (sorta like sitting on a chair on your back) then straighten them back out. At the same time keep your stomach tight and try and remember to breath. If you can’t do both legs at a time do just one and then the other.
That’s it. It seems like something even I can keep up with. I tried them and yes they are harder then it seems, two minutes is forever (heck 30 seconds took forever, I’ve got a long ways to go) and I’m really tippy so that will take time. And boy can I feel it in my tummy. The breathing part, I still hold my breath too much, I never exhale when they tell me to, I seem to be breathing at the wrong time or I’m breathing to fast, not sure. But this too shall get easier, I hope.
I just thought I’d share what I learned with you just in case you don’t want TV either. Thank you Kim for telling me he was on. Any other shows I should DVR and watch when I can?
I hope you guys are doing great this week. I am trying my best. Right now I am terrible hungry and water isn’t cutting it so I’m going to see if there is something I can snack on without ruining all my work so far. I find it easier to go hungry then try and limit myself to just a hand full of this or 10 pieces of that. Not good I know but I don’t have any self control yet but am trying.
Take care my friends and have a great rest of the day. God Bless you all.