Monday, October 18, 2010

Why?

Can someone explain to me why if my calorie intake is between 13-1500 a day, I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, I burn 5-800 calories 5 times a week that I can not get past the 197? For 3 weeks I’ve been sitting here. I’m sad, feeling a bit defeated but….yep I know the but….I know that I can do this, I’ve done it this far. I’ve lost 28 lbs, I lost 45” of flubber…it’s taken me so long to do it though. I have read so many of your blogs and you’ve lost 10,20,50,100 even 200 lbs and you keep at it, you keep working your tails off. So that means I can do. So I need some information….what can I do to kick start this again? What am I doing wrong or right but not perfect? HELP PLEASE!!

It’s two weeks before I really weigh in and measuring for my monthly. November 2nd. And it’s just 11 weeks to go for me to be my goal of 180. Should I start thinking about the what if’s? I don’t want to so please help me. PLEASE!!

Oh there’s lots of good with my weight loss so far. I can walk 6 miles and not die, I can hike in the woods, play on the swings, fit into a size 16. I can look at the candy at Wal-mart and not, repeat not buy any at all. Not even a small candy bar. I can run two telephone pole and still have enough energy to do it again. I can get giddy and dance to music I use to just enjoy and not partake in. I am happy with everything that has happened so far. I just want more!

I won’t say can’t, won’t or anything negative because I know I can get pass this. With your help.

Thanks everyone, the only reason I have made it as far as I have is because of your support, love, comments, blogs, courage and so much more.

Take care my friends and God Bless!!

10 comments:

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Maybe you should consider trying Take Shape For Live using Medifast food. It will put you in a fat burning state where you loose 2-5 pounds a week and it's not hard! You eat 5 medifast meals a day (shake, bar, pudding, soup, pretzesl, etc... all interchangable) and 1 regular meal "Lean and Green" with a 5-7 ounces of lean meat and 3 servings of veggies. So you are eating every 3 hours or so. It drops your calories down to less than 1000 a day - while giving you all the nutrients your body needs (like high octane fuel). It has been the best program for me and my husband!

Let me know if you'd like more info! :)

~Margene

Anonymous said...

Ow. Julie, my dear, you're doing really well. I'd love to be able to walk 6 miles. I used to. Right now, my body needs to get trained again. No comparison. I'm just in awe of how well you're doing. I tell Mum about the tennis you play and your hikes and camps and bike rides and your walks and fish flops. In my opinion, your body is training really really great. Sorry, I don't have advice to give.

I'm trying to eat a lot of oats. It has made me lose weight. I can see it. I don't have a weighing scale at home.

I hope someone gives you great advice and you reach your goal on time!! Hugs.

Sandy said...

Hey Julie! Have you checked how much protein you're getting? I got stuck. Very very stuck on my weight. I sat down with my wellness coach, and we discussed protein. I totally was not getting enough. Not even close. So, I found my target goal. I hit it every day for two weeks, and guess what? 7.4 pounds down!!! I'm sooooo full, I can't even tell ya, and I have TONS more energy! AND I'm sleeping so much better the past few weeks. Really, it's crazy! My friend, who weighs 198 and is 5'4" tall needs approximately 120 grams of protein a day. She's loosing like mad too. Good luck!

Allan said...

First off, it will come off. At 200 pounds, you need 2200 calories per day to not change. The exercise is great, but it is not for weight loss, it is for toning and your health. If you are eating a healthy 1500 calories per day, and the water, your weekly deficit is around a pound. If you weigh yourself without having peed, that can affect the weekly number. Unfortunately, as you get thinner and healthier, the weight comes off more slowly. I live on 1200 calories per day or less. Try 1200 as a max, pee and drink, and never give up. It will happen !!!

Wii Fit & A Bet said...

{{{{hugs}}} keep it up, it'll come off remember muscle is denser than fat! Try measuring your neck, waist, etc and see if you see results there! I swear that I have been in your shoes and you want to just throw in the towel but keep going, it'll show up!

Vee said...

Agree with what others said. Plus check your fiber intake. You don't want that poo sitting around for weeks, months and years, like many people have. Check what you're eating to make sure your calories are jam-packed with nutrients, and not empty calories.

I stalled when I added carbs back to my diet. For some people, going low-carb jump-starts the metabolism. So does spicy food (like jalepenos or spicy chili), ice water, and caffeine).

Add another 1 glass of water a day. If your kidneys aren't getting enough water, then the liver has to abandon it's job of metabolizing fat to help out the kidneys (processing urine/water). Flush it!

Just some top-of-my-head thoughts. I'm just now getting un-stalled myself. Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

CB said...

I think getting stuck or "plateauing" once it awhile just happens. Don't let it get you down. You are doing great!!!

Prairiemaid said...

Julie, sounds like you are doing wonderfully!!! Don't give up!

Blessings & hugs,
Cheryl

Retta said...

Good advice above, but surprised no one mentioned sleep. I JUST finished reading an article on the link between sleep and wt loss right before I came here!

Can't stand the name they gave this article (it feels like sensationalism) but the info was superb:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/10/20/sleep-more-lose-weight.aspx

Loretta
=^..^=

Lifeofkaylen said...

You are doing amazing!!! Do not get discouraged!!!!
I think protein is a big factor...check into that.

And from what I have read-I will not claim to really have all the info-your body adjusts to the low calories and stops burning as much. I have tried to keep one to two days a week where I have extra calories (it's hard-I have to force myself to!) so that the days when I do have super light calories, it's more of a shock to my body and has more of an effect.