Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Better?

Well my mindset is better. Monday I threw to the dogs and gave up. I went to McDonalds and ate a chicken sandwich, french fries and a medium smoothie. Supper I went to the DQ and had a mini blizzard. Yep, I took the day and blew it so totally. Do I feel better? Do I feel like I should crawl under a rock and give up? Do I think I screwed up so bad it can’t be fixed? NOPE!!!!  I’m back to doing what I’m suppose to plus with help from Allan, Sandy, Margene and a few others that have given me tips to get past this 197. More water, more fiber and more protein. All of these I can do. Plus I’m going to track things a bit better and make sure I’m getting them without adding more calories. Allen even sent me suggestions for meals, at least 30 different ideas for all three meals. Now that was something above and beyond and I oh so appreciate it. I printed it out so I can compare, think about and try.

I have read so many blogs that list what they’ve eaten for the day and after awhile, well I get bored so I don’t want to do that to you. I thought about just posting the totals for the day but really you guys don’t care if I had 1300 or 1671 calories or 7 grams of sugar or 27 grams. So I’ll just keep that at my fitness, calorie total place. What I will do is keep doing this. Showing you my ups and downs, asking and receiving and giving help when needed. This is a life style change and it’s not easy at all. I think it’s even harder then be pregnant, it’s harder then living on the road in a truck for 8 years, it’s just plain amazingly hard. But I have learned lots, I have taught a few things, I have become the person I wanted to become. So with a wee bit more tweaking, a few more pounds lost, a new way at looking at things, I can do this.

I want to thank you guys for your help. You have been amazing. And for that I want to share something with you. Something that’s looks as good as it tastes and it not bad for you either. Well mostly anyways.

My Apple Sauce Muffin recipe. Of course like all recipes it starts out with someone else's and then I change it a bit to be more healthy, less fattening and a bit better for you.

2 1/2 cups wheat flour (you could add some white to it if you don’t want your muffins so heavy but I like the heavy because you know your done after just one)

1/2 cup oat bran

1 Tlb Cinnamon

1 Tlb Apple Pie Spice

2 tsp Baking Soda

1/4 cup olive oil

1 cup honey (or you could use sugar or sugar substitute)

2 eggs (we raise our own so I know what’s in them but you could use egg whites or an egg substitute if you wanted too)

3 cups apples sauce (for this I use my own and I make my apple sauce a bit different. I just core the apples, put them in the food processor and puree the heck out of them..skins and all…you can’t tell the skins are on in the muffins and think of the fiber you’re getting)

1 Tlb vanilla

Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and if you want to top with a crumble top made from flavored oatmeal and a pat of butter melted. Bake for 350* for 20 minutes and you’ll get 30 muffins. I made some little ones too for those quick pick me up snacks.

I tried to figure out the calories, fat, protein, carbs and fiber and the closest I come to is this…

1 muffin, Calories 80, Fat 0.2g, Carbs 16.9g, Protein 1.5g, Fiber 8g

100_4184

That’s it folks. I hope you know just how much I do appreciate you. Tonight Brenda and I are going to start our sprint up the hill. Daren (her hubby) is going to find out the grade for us and I’ll measure the distant so you’ll all know what we’re trying to do. Maybe my GPS would tell me too. Hummm….might just have to have Mike help with that one.

Take care and God Bless.

9 comments:

Janie B said...

Sometimes you just have to cave. I think that is okay if you get right back on track. Good luck. I have been caving quite a bit myself lately. I need to watch it.

Vee said...

How cool to meet another chicken-owner-blogger! We have 17, but started out with 10 day-olds at the end of April. One of them is just now starting to lay. From the others (adults) we get 3-4 eggs a day. One is a rooster and two have molted so we're waiting for them to start back up.

I just LOVE having fresh eggs, don't you? You know they are healthy and organic and free-range.

Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you took the day to just eat whatever!! You sound fun now!!! :)

Empty Nester said...

I think everyone takes a day from time to time. That's just the way the cookie crumbles! Shoot, now I want a cookie! LOL

CB said...

Hey you are only human sometimes DQ calls - Ha Ha. Good thing you climbed back on the wagon though!!

Ron said...

As you continue down your road toward your lifestyle change, the ups will outnumber the downs more and more..... but I must say... when I lost my first 60 pounds back in 1979... I was going to DQ almost every day for a large dipped cone.... So you can lose weight and eat DQ at the same time. Of course now, I use DQ as a treet about once a month!

The Single Nester said...

Nothing says fall like this tasty recipe! I will check it out.

Shawn said...

Thanks for stopping by. My Hubby has wanted me to Pack Heat for a long time but I am one of those head in the sand kind of girls! Although, I have been encouraging my daughter to get a concealed carry because she often hikes alone. I will say that the Bear poop did worry me a little!
Take care!

Veronica said...

I'm in love with you! Thank you for sharing your applesauce trick! I just made some for the first time in the crockpot but it was so annoying peeling them all! And your way would have much more nutrition since it's not cooked. Hello, I love you! And, I'm really glad you did not just totally give up and got back on track. I had a bad eating week but I'm not going to let that get me down either. Rock on!