Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hot 100 update

So since I last updated you all on my challenge I have completed my 5K and came in 19th out of 31. Not bad for my first race. I have walked 11.5 miles and have exercised twice and we played tennis for an hour. I’m happy with that so far this week. This afternoon Mike and I are going to go geo-caching. Friday I’m taking off from the exercise routine except I will do some crunches, I’m trying hard to get back into them, up to 25 so far without dying. I was doing 75 last May so have a ways to go. Saturday is another challenge Brenda and I set for ourselves. We are going to walk from my house to hers and back. A total of 6 miles and hope to do it in 90 minutes or so.

I didn’t weigh myself this week, I’ll do that next Monday so I can’t say if I’m up, down or the same. I’m feeling good though.

My menu is still in the planning stages but I did do this yesterday….

Made apple sauce, whole wheat low fat chicken enchiladas, brown rice with veggies and skinless chicken breasts, a chicken pasta hot dish and a brown rice chicken hot dish. Pumpkin cake with light cream cheese frosting and apple sauce muffins. Not all low fat or low calorie but close. As I was putting this all in the freezer for next week I counted 7 meals taken care of plus there’s pork chops and ribs and an arm roast in the freezer plus a chili and lots of frozen veggies. So I’m set for next week. It’s a good thing to because Monday I paid Mike tuition for college so there won’t be any extra shopping the rest of this month.

                  100_4189

100_4180 100_4181 100_4182 100_4183 100_4184 100_4185

So I’m going to say this week was great. I feel good, I can say I look good in some clothes I haven’t been and I’m learning more do’s and don’ts.

I will tell you between my period over the weekend and the stress of money (or lack there of) made the beginning part of this week hard but with lots of advice from friends, lots of prayers with the Lord and just knowing that I have to take care of me so I can take care of others, well I’m back at it all full swing with a good frame of mind and so ready to rock and roll to 180 lbs.

I have been visited by quite a few Hotties and it has been a blast reading your comments and then checking out what’s happening in your world. I have followed when I can and I think always left a comment. I am so proud of all of you for your life style changes. It is a pleasure to get to know you all. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and your encouragements.

Now take care and have a great TGIF and a blessed weekend.

15 comments:

Hungry For Living said...

Newest follower! Loving the blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be praying for you! The menu looks good to go for a long time! :) :)

Empty Nester said...

I may be coming to your house for meals this week! LOL

CB said...

All I can say is "What time is dinner?"!!
You really Rock - YOu are doing great and to have all the meals taken care of as well - You are an inspiration!!

Shawn said...

I agree, What time is dinner! The meals look great and I love homemade applesauce. Keep up the good work and look forward to reading about your progress.

Shawn

Allan said...

No email link.. This works.. Sent you a little love just now. The dog is adorable. We have beagle/pekingese mixes (Peagles). Howling little bastids...Thanks again

Lanie said...

You're doing a great job. Keep up the fine work! Very inspirational!

Karen said...

Seems not to many hotties I've visited so far can say they had a great week. Good for you! The food looks and sounds yummy.

Ron said...

Thanks for finding me on my blog, congrats on your 5K

Anonymous said...

Congrats on coming in #19 out of 31! That's so great!

That food looks yummy! I need start cooking everything for the week on one day. I'd love to be able to just heat something up.

Have a great weekend!

Pippa said...

Julie, you've had an outstanding week, WOW! All the best for next week, enjoy the weekend & God bless!

Perhaps I should return to crunches as well ...

Cathy said...

Hi Julie, found you through Hot 100, and just dropped by to say hi, and good luck. Cathy

Tami@NutmegNotebook said...

I found you through the Hot 100 challenge.

Great job on the meals. It helps so much to have things made ahead of time. It saves, stress, time and money!

Hope things continue to go well for you.

Vee said...

Wow! You seem to be as busy as I am! I'll have to make some time next week to read through your blog. I've added you to my blogroll too! LOVE that you made applesauce (my Kid loves applesauce). Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

South Beach Steve said...

I think you've had a great week, especially in light of the challenges life has thrown at you. Good job!