Sunday, November 7, 2010

Weekends..

You know something? I use to worry about weekends. I use to eat my way through the weekend. I use to have headaches you wouldn’t believe. I use to sleep 12 hours each day and also take a nap. I loved them but they were not good for me. Now they are different. I no longer get the headaches, I eat like a normal person, I sleep 7-8 hours and oh once in awhile I’ll take a nap but not all the time. I feel great. I really do. I even have my time of the month and it’s not a pleasant one but I’m not dying. You know what I think is doing all of this, oh it’s the weight I’ve lost, it’s the fact I know what to eat and not to eat but the big thing is the water. I have always been a water drinker but the past two weeks I have been drinking a gallon a day. I measure each day, I have a half gallon pitcher I fill up twice a day, sometimes even more and I think it’s all because of that. And just think, starting Tuesday we up our intake even more. I wonder how that will be? It can only be good.

I am finding each week to be exciting. To exercise just a bit harder, to eat a bit better, to drink a bit more, to take care of myself and love myself a bit more. It is amazing learning to love yourself again. To believe in yourself again. Today is day 309 for me, I did not know that 309 days of learning to take care of myself could feel this good.

I hope that no matter where you are in your journey to a better you that you know you too can do it. I have faith in you, I am proud of all that you’ve become and all that you’re going to become.

Take care my friends, have a great and exciting week. God Bless you all!!

7 comments:

South Beach Steve said...

Wow, Julie, it sure is nice to learn these lessons. I found it amazing how long it has taken me to learn those things, and in fact, I am not sure I have learned the lessons as well as I need to.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Julie, print this and stick it up somewhere for you to see every day. You sound SO inspirational. It's really cool!

Twix said...

Water does the body good! YEs we can do this!! :D

Anne H said...

You want it to be true - and it's so easy... and yet so hard.
It's all good!

Jess said...

Love this post!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus Living Daily said...

Great message, I feel the same way about weekends! It would be an endless routine of eating, munching, lounging and sleeping for me too. I couldn't have said it better...

Call Me Ishmael said...

Love the positivity! I struggle on weekends too, but am getting better. Am going to up the water intake too.