Saturday, November 20, 2010

2011 goals

I’ve been reading a bit here and there about people getting ready for the year 2011. They’ve been thinking ahead to what they want to do, what they want to accomplish, what they want to see. I haven’t gotten that far, I like to finish up this year first and then jump into next but that’s not good either, a plan is a good idea.

Last year I had my weigh loss goal of losing 40. I’m getting pretty close to that. I had a goal of being able to pass my Boy Scout physical and I did that. I had a goal of being able to get into a size 16 pair of jeans. I did that, even the non-stretchy ones. I wanted to be healthier then I was in 2009, I think I’ve hit that one right on the head. I wanted to make a new recipe each week, well I’ve done that some of the times but not all. I also had a stupid resolutions I didn’t keep, like folding those darn socks and undies when they come out of the dryer.

So what should I make for goals in 2011? I know now that I’m into the groove of losing weight I’d like to go a bit further. Like 165 lbs. That would be 15 more pounds. That would be the weight I got married at in 1980 at 18 and 1 day old. There are two dresses I would love to fit back into. One is my wedding dress. Now Jim and I didn’t get married like some normal people, we eloped so that big white wedding dress, well I didn’t have one. I had the most beautiful periwinkle dress I made. It has a small lace collar, just little itty bitty sleeves and a cute waist line. Then for our first Christmas Jim bought me a red dress with a tiny little belt. Wouldn’t it be cool to wear that for Christmas next year? Wouldn’t that bring back some memories. I think these would be perfect goals to shoot for. How about along the way I run a 5K? Or at least jog it? There’s one in the spring and one in the fall. I’m pretty sure the spring one will be out of my reach but how about the fall one?

Well these are just thoughts for now. Have you done any thinking about 2011? Any ideas what you’d like to accomplish?

I hope that you have the most blessed weekend. Take time to reflect, rejoice, rejuvenate and enjoy!! Take care my friends and God Bless!!

7 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

I love reading your blog...even though I don't always comment!!! Thanks for sharing so much of yourself so that the rest of us can be inspired!!! :)

Anne H said...

I think of the ole Maslow Hierarchy of Needs:
When all your present needs are met, it feels easier to plan (into the future)
Although, I have noticed that some people seem to be living in the future as a form of escape from the present!
But yeah - I have finally stuck my little turtle head out for a look around - after a pretty long journey. Looks good out here!

Allan said...

Trying to finish 2010 on goal, and I know 2011 will be a cake walk with our smaller frames !

Empty Nester said...

I hadn't thought about 2011 yet. I'm still in shock that it's 2010! But I am now, thanks to that persistence of yours (which I admire BTW), thinking that I might consider a 5K...a fast walk, or maybe a jog...

Ron said...

I just hope to continue eating healthy and to keep exercising, although losing body fat around my waist is going slow.... i do hope that I will continue to make progress!

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Ooohhh. I love your ideas for goals. I think it's good to NOT have a weight loss goal be the focal point, because once you lose that weight then you've reached your goal and often stop doing the things that got you there and that's when we gain it all back. So having goals like running a 5k or fitting into a certain dress are great, I think.

I want to make my goals this year too.. because I am focussed on my end weight loss goal but what about how I want to fun, and what I want to wear and what I want to be able to do? You have inspired me Julie!

I am excited to hear what your 2011 goals will be. :)

~Margene

Anonymous said...

слова песни
[url=http://remuz.ru/395-земфира.html]mp3 земфира[/url]
бесплатная музыка без регистрации
[url=http://remuz.ru/23-стас-михайлов.html]mp3 стас михайлов[/url]