Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Last but not least…

STARTING OVER….

The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any Endeavour is taking the first step, making the first decision. – Robyn Davidson

These words were written by a woman who learned to handle camels and traveled alone with them across the Australian Outback. Somehow the intensity of the circumstances under which she gathered these learning's make them even more profound. What if each of us believed that we are “as powerful and strong” as we allow ourselves to be? What if we quit trying to be accepted by everyone and gave up trying not to alienate anyone and just let ourselves be as strong and powerful as we are? Nothing extraordinary, mind you, just as wonderfully powerful as we naturally are.

And, what if we let ourselves take the first step towards what we really want? Nothing big…no fanfares…just do it!!

REMEMBER today really is the first day of the rest of my life.

AMEN!!!

If you want a good book for meditations, check this one out at your local library.

Meditations, For Women who do too much. By Anne Wilson Schaef. It has helped me with my daily meditations and I asked the library if I could check it out again, this is the third time and since it’s not a well used book I get it for another two weeks. YEAH!!! Lots of things to read, think about and then listen.

Even though Lent is over, our Lord has risen from the grave to give us the opportunity to be in heaven when we die, I am going to continue my meditation. I am no where near up to a full 30 minutes of just listening but I’m learning. And I think this has been one of the best Lents for Christ yet.

Take care my friends and have a blessed day.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Quietly inspiring that: Just do it expression, although Nike would like the razzle dazzle. Have a quietly present day, Julie! michele

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Sounds like a wonderfully inspiring book. I will have to look for it. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Empty Nester said...

Once again, you are inspiring me! I totally agree with you about the fanfare--it's way overrated!

arielcircleofnine said...

Hi Julie,
I read some of this earlier today but was at work and had to click off quickly! I love the quotes, and how motivating and empowering they are....I also have a teenager at home, and times have changed. I moved out at 19 and had a car and an apartment with lots of roomates and a minimum wage job that paid for it all and then some. That blows my mind! I think its not *just* the economy we live in now but the pressures on kids are immense--and they will eventually find their way. I love your posts with Mike because you two seem very close, its heartwarming.
On another note, look how SLIM you are woman!!! I know you said you hate riding the bike but perhaps a few more tries and you'll get to enjoy it. Over 10 miles--dang!!!
Anyway, thanks for your kind words on MY blog earlier as well. Have a wonderful night!!!