Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Maybe ??? I hate bike riding but maybe ???

Okay, I’m learning the bike isn’t as bad as I use to think it was. It still hurts my knee to use the bike but I wonder if I work hard to strengthen everything around the knee that this would be possible? I want to start using our trail around here. I do take the kids hiking and Mike and I did go biking twice last summer but now I really want too get into them.

Cuyuna, Cuyuna range, state trail, trail system, cycling, bicycling, trout fishing, canoe, kayak, hiking, family, family fun, brainerd, brainerd lakes, snowmobiling, skiing.

8th Annual
Cuyuna
Bicycle Ride

September 10, 2011

Cuyuna Fall Bike Tour


The Ride                                

The 2011 Tour of Cuyuna will begin and end at Ruttger's Bay Lake Lodge near Deerwood.  This year we will offer route choices of approximately 30 and 60 miles. All riders will start between 7:00 and 9:00am.

Check-in will start at 7:00am and close at 9:00am. Riders are permitted and encouraged to start as soon as possible after check-in. All riders should be on the road by 9:00am. These start times should allow most riders to return to the start area by mid-afternoon. All riders must plan to be off their respective routes by 2:30pm. The last rest stop will close at 2:00pm, and official course support will end at 3:00pm.

The Tour of Cuyuna is a recreational ride for cyclists of all abilities and is not a race. T-shirts will be handed out at check-in from 7:00-9:00am.
We are greatly concerned about the safety of our participants.
All riders must obey the rules of the road, watching out for others as well as themselves. Our tour is entirely on public roads, and we must cooperate with other users. We require the use of an ANSI approved helmet by all entrants.

Services
Two food stops will be available on the 30 mile route, and four on the 60 mile route.
Lunch will be served between 11:30-2:00, so plan your ride accordingly. There will be a $5.00 charge for non-riders.
Both routes will be monitored by support vehicles to aid in emergency situations and to help those with mechanical problems. If a rider is in need of aid, priority will go to those with serious problems. Riders and their equipment are expected to be in good condition. As on all other rides, cyclists should carry tools, pump, and a spare tube. Route support will end at 3:00pm.
Bikes pulling trailers will be considered as one unit and will receive one shirt. Riders under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.

Want to know more about my area?:

http://cuyunalakestrail.org/index.cfm/home

We also have an awesome trail system around here called the Paul Bunyan Trail. It doesn’t connect yet to my trail outside my back door but it’s in the future.

What do you think? Can I get into this bike riding? Can I get so my feet don’t go to sleep, my butt die?

Ideas. I’m also looking for some 5K or other goodies for this summer. I want to do things I have never done, never even thought about doing. Some I know I’ll do alone, some maybe with Mike and maybe some I could convince Brenda or Kim to join me in. This is my year, to go out and kick some butt to prove that I can do things I have never done. Not to prove to anyone but myself but to prove I can do it.

Just thought I’d share what I was thinking tonight. Take care and God Bless!!

3 comments:

Michele said...

Yes!!! You can do a bike ride like that. I just signed up for tour de cure to support American diabetes association. It is a 31 mile course. So, if I can do it you can, too. It is our year to challenge ourselves kn ways we never thought possible! Michele

Rhonda said...

Oh, a bike race would be awesome! :) Good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

Dear Julie,

I have been thinking about you a lot, today. I guess I've been gone too long. Catching up. 9 posts to go on this blog alone. You don't think I ditched you, do you? Because I'm still here.

Okay, I'm done telling you that. Here's a hug. I've missed you.