Monday, March 22, 2010

Pedometer…

I have been wearing one now for a week and just found out a few days ago it does miles along with steps. How cool is that?!? The recommended number of steps a day is 10,000. That can be a lot of steps if you just stay inside all day or are stuck at a desk at work. For me it’s not to terrible because I can go outside just about any time I want, that is if I want to dress 2 or more kids up. At anything below zero, well you can guess going outside is not high on my list to do but as soon as it hits zero we are out. Since I didn’t find my pedometer until this past week (I had it just couldn’t find it, bet you can’t guess where it was either….nope not in a drawer, nope not in the cupboard, nope not on the counter, nope not there either….it was on the handle of my laundry soap container…….Why you ask??? I haven’t a clue. I had spent days looking for it and figured I just lost it somewhere. I made laundry soap last week and low and behold it was there just waiting for me) I didn’t know what I was doing for sure. Now we all know pedometers aren’t perfect so they say give or take 5% from the total if you need to know exactly. I’m not a perfectionist so close counts and I use whatever it says each night. Yesterday was my highest reading yet. It said 18,487 steps and 7.68 miles. My lowest was 9,643 steps and 4.73 miles. So all in all I think I’m making it or close to. I am trying each day to get just a few more steps in. I might have troubles beating yesterday but it’s something to shot for.

I went for a walk yesterday, almost 3 miles. .5 slow and easy, 2 miles no less then 3 mph and then just shy of .5 slow down with my daddy though the woods and down to the lake. It was so nice out I started out in a tank and sweater, 1/2 done I was in just my tank and enjoying that sunshine. Oh I can’t wait not to look like a beached whale anymore. I know have a golden tan isn’t the best for your skin but living in Minnesota we are shy on vitamin D so I soak up all the rays that I can while they are out there. Yes. I wear a sunscreen though so saving my skin too.

This week I need to push it a bit more, weigh in is in 11 days and I want to see a bigger number then just 4 lbs loss. I want 6-8 or so and some inches off my belly and butt (well anywhere but I’m working on those parts more so). I bought extra fruits and veggies this weekend so will have the extra good for me things plus I’m going to try a few new recipes I printed out. No I still haven’t made out my meals for the week and it just would be so much easier if I did, but I haven’t….maybe this week.

So there you have it. Nothing to new, a bit about a pedometer and the sun is shining and it’s going to be almost 60* today. It was 25* when I got up at 4:30 so it has a ways to go but it’ll get there. Time for some yard work with the kids. We are going to put the winter toys away and bring out some summer ones. I’m going to build them a different sandbox this year (really they’ll have both, just a smaller one for the wee ones and the bigger one for my bigger kids). Never a dull moment here.

Have the most blessed week you can. Work as hard as possible to reach your life style changes. I promise you I’m going to try my best.

Take care and God Bless you all.

4 comments:

Kim said...

On the LAUNDRY container - ha ha ha ha ha!! That's funny! Isn't it amazing how our brains can disconnect when it comes to those things! Great job with the steps!!

Carolyn said...

Hey way to go!! U make your own laundry soap?
I'm going for a walk today/tonight, I have to!!
Have a blessed day my friend!

Unknown said...

Julie. I wanted to tell you. I know what you are going thru with weigh loss. I will post about it soon. You can do it sweety!!! It's so worth it!! Thank you for your comment. Ohhhh I love those chickens and small animals. They make me so happy. You hen is funny. She stole eggs hahaha.
Gros bisous
frenchy

Jodi said...

You are doing fabulous! I think the number of steps is awesome!! Don't beat yourself up about 4 pounds. That is awesome!! The healthy way is 1 to 2 pounds a week. So 4 to 8 pounds a month. You are right on target my friend!!!