Friday, March 5, 2010

Okay I’m back….

And to start all of this I walked 7 miles this week. 2 miles a day for three days and 1 mile the first day. I can do a 2 miles trek in about 40 minutes. I don’t know if that’s good, bad or indifferent but according to the GPS Mike borrowed me my top speed is 4.9 mph and my average speed is 3 mph. Not terrible I think. It’s not an even grade walk, it has 2 huge hills and a few ups and downs. I’m hoping to work up to 3 miles by the 20th and then 4 miles by my next weigh in on April 2nd but we’ll see, that is a long ways to go after working 15 hours a day.

Now for my next challenge. I am going to try the 100 push up challenge and the 200 sit-up (really crunch) challenge. It’s a 6 week challenge (but if it takes longer that okay too I’m going to do each week twice that way I know I get it right). If you click on the words to the right you can read all about it too. I am going to take the challenge with Angela (there’s others too but her and I are going to keep each other on track).  I take off Thursdays and Sundays so think I’ll do the push ups M,W,F and the sit ups M,W and Saturday. I’ll have to split them up like push ups am and sit ups pm but I won’t do any other exercises except my walking. I think that will be plenty for now besides I’m not in love with Jillian any more so can miss her for a few weeks before getting back to her. So is anyone interested in joining me? We could do it privately instead of signing up on the site and keep our own records if you’d like. I don’t think I plan on signing up at the site but not positive yet.

So I hope all of this is possible. I hope I’m not biting off more then I can chew. Heck I’m a beginner with way to much weight on my frame but if I’m honest, take it slow and easy I think it’s all possible. Come join me….please….I need the support and help.

Tomorrow I will take the initial test and see where I am, though I know I’m at the poor side of the chart. Go check it out and see what you think. If you can then come back and tell me what you think and if you’re game.

Just think, maybe this summer when I wear a tank top (because no matter if I was fat or not I hated farmers tans) I won’t have bat wings hanging on me, maybe no back fat to hang over my bra and no more muffin top. At least better then it all is now. And another huge thing, my insurance will no longer pay for my arthritis meds for my back so hopefully I can strengthen my core to help support that darn back of mine. I’m dreading next month when I no longer have them and have to go back to IBP and hope it works. 

So good luck if you choose to join, thank you for your support if you want to help me and God bless you for just being here when I need you to be. Take care and have the most blessed weekend.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I wish I could join you on the challenge. I can do the walking part of it. I'm not good with sit-ups or push-ups. Not at all. LOL!