Monday, June 27, 2011

Slimmer this Summer Challenge and ….

So last week I am going to call a bust. I didn’t lose a pound and I didn’t do any extra exercises except my 5K in 100 days. Well I shoveled, and laid pavers, and tilled the garden, mowed, walked 15 extra miles, played tennis, went geo-caching and then the usual stuff but no planks, no crunches no anything extra.

Here’s a peek into my weekend that I sent to my friend;

We had a really good weekend. Saturday I spent the morning with my daddy garage saling. Then after Jim got off from work he came home and took me out for pizza. Then we went and visited our best friends. Jim wanted to stay longer so I walked home the 4 miles (I walked this in 35 minutes). I needed to get in a walk and it was the perfect timing and weather for it. Then Mike and I went and played tennis. We ended our day geo-caching with the Venture Crew. We had a blast and even won a small bet. We bet that whoever found the most caches got a Dairy Queen treat from the other group. Our group found 9 out of 11 caches and the other group found 8. It took us 3 hours to find these with lots of hiking, climbing and more. According to the GPS we put on 15 miles of hill climbing and hiking.

Today Jim and I went grocery shopping and then came home to mow. It takes us about 3 hours to mow. I needed to water my plants too.  We laid a patio for the pool. Which means digging out the ground, leveling, adding sand, laying the pavers, adding sand and all that meant lots of carrying of sand and bricks (10, 40 lb bags and 125 pavers at 35 lbs each). Then we filled up the kids little pool and put up a 10x10' canopy to cover them from the sun so they won't burn. When we finished all of that Jim took me fishing in our boat. I caught 3 sunfish and 2 crappies, enough for a nice dinner. To finish my evening I colored my hair so I won't look like an old granny at my mama's family reunion next weekend .

So my plans for this week is to try and get some fish flopping exercises done along with the normal stuff around here. We are always such a busy summer family (well for us yearly but summer just much more so).

I don’t have a clue as to what is happening with the Phase 6 challenge so I’m just going to keep working on losing my last few pounds and see where life goes from there.

So it’s onwards and downwards this week. Not a bad last week, no weight loss but I also didn’t eat on plan. The pizza, a small DQ treat and also 6-9 kids each day with foods that are not on my plan and I didn’t do well planning my week in foods so ate too much of this and that. I did maintain and really with just a few pounds to lose I will take that because it does show that I should be able to learn to maintain in just a few more weeks.

I hope you all had a great and successful week and if you didn’t, this is a new week and a chance to do exactly what you know you should to obtain the healthy and wonderful body that you’re so craving.

Take care and God Bless!!!

9 comments:

Empty Nester said...

I'm thinking you didn't lose any lbs because either 1. the amount of muscle you are developing or 2. they are too tired to leave after all the activity you've had! LOL

Anonymous said...

Good luck this week with seeing a loss on the scale. You sure are busy with a lot of activity!!!

downsizers said...

This is a new week and I don't know about you, but I am glad to be back to my routine (whatever that is). We can only go forward to let's resolve to make this a successful week.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I certainly wouldn't call that a fail! Nice on the exercise even if you didn't get to the fish flopping exercises. Can't wait until those last few pounds are off!

How did the hair color go? Did you try something new or the same?

Debsdailylife said...

Fail!!!?!?!??!? I think not!!! You were very busy buildingmuscle!! You are a true inspiration!

Michele said...

I am out of breath after reading all you did. I think I need a nap!! Wahoo, you put us all to shame.

Seriously, you are an energy bunny. I bet your burned every calorie you ate.

Anonymous said...

Ahem...in my book, digging, paving, lifting, shoving and generally moving anything heavier than 10 pounds counts as exercise! You got plenty!

Great job this week!

Mrs. O said...

No pound lost this week just means an extra one the following week. Especially with all that lugging around that you did; you should be glad you didn't pull a muscle!

Of One Heart said...

You're a hard-worker. You've got so much energy, I'm envious!