Saturday, June 18, 2011

Brads 5K in 100 days and a good run….

I have been working on Brads 5K in 100 days but because I’m starting out as a beginner I didn’t feel as pushed as I could but that’s good too since his program starts you at the beginning teaching you proper everything. I’m not complaining at all since I know that in about 3 weeks it’ll be about where I am. But this morning I woke up with energy to boot. I think it’s cuz after mowing in the rain for 2 hours I came in and sat on my butt and watched TV, read blogs, commented and just relaxed the evening away so felt super this morning so I decided to go for a jog. And I did!!! 3.5 miles in 45 minutes. Not the fastest but I did have these guys with and to control a puppy on a leash is a bit more interesting then just Wilbur.

0618110725a

Near the end when I wanted to push it a bit I let Wilbur go and kept the puppy with me. Right now I’m drenched in sweat and heading to the shower (waiting for the dishwasher to go) and the pups are sleeping. I did feed them both and water/milk them so now their bodies are tired and their tummies are full. Mine too. :o)

Today is garage saling morning, my cleaning job and then at 12:30 Mike and I are doing our CPR and First Aid training (well really updating, we do it every two years).  We are doing it with the Scouts for our up coming BWCA trip.

Anyways, I just wanted to stop by and say hello, hope you have a great Saturday. Mine will be busy but a good busy. Now if the sun could shine instead of day 3 of more rain, really they are saying we have another 3 days of raining coming so put on my wet gear and just enjoy it’s not a hundred out there.

Take care my friends and have a blessed day.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great workout. You pups are adorable.

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

What an AWESOME way to start your Saturday. And 3.5 miles in 45 minutes is incredible!! Good for you Julie!! I went running this morning too. Maybe we ran together!! I love your energy... have a fabulous day. So cool to do CPR with scouts. You rock!!

~Margene

Lizzie said...

Wow! Big congrats on your run!!!

Eliza said...

Good luck, I'm doing a 10k run (walk) tomorrow, and the forecast is rain..... still I'll stay cool :-)

downsizers said...

Congratulation on the jogging with two dogs on a leash. One of our neighbors used to do that. She had a dog on each leash and sometimes it was hard to tell who was in charge. She was faithful to it. Good job.

Of One Heart said...

Julie, you're so super! I love this happy update. The sun will shine because you are shining! :D Haha!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Nice on the running!

I've never been to the BWCA! I'm not much of a camper but I'd love to though! Maybe one of these years...

Lizzie said...

Hey—yesterday I gave you a Stylish Blogger award. Feel free to pass it on, or to quietly bask in the glow of my appreciation!