Sunday, February 13, 2011

Candle light skiing…

0205110926b

Here’s where we went.

100_5319

We didn’t do the full loop but a bit over a mile and a half was just fine. We thought about doing the full 3 miles but there were people everywhere. Each time you came to a hill you had to wait your turn to either go up or down and since I spent lots of time on the ground this time, it just wasn’t as exciting. The trail was so mutilated from the warm weather and all the skiers that I did terrible staying on track. I do however love moonlight skiing. Notice that we went 12 mph at one time. I think that was one of the down hills I stayed up for. Here’s some pictures of what it sorta looks like. Night pictures aren’t the best but you get the idea.

100_5311 100_5293  100_5304 100_5295

When we made it to the Interpretive Center they had cookies, apple juice and live music.

100_5305 100_5308

We had a great time and next week there is another moonlight skiing at Father Hennepin but we won’t be able to make it there, we have a Venture get together to start planning our BWCA trip in August.

******************************************

So between cross country skiing twice and exercising tons this past week and following Allan’s Challenge food plan I lost 2 lbs. I’m sitting on 183.2 lbs. Not to far into the 170’s, a place I haven’t been since about a year after I got married in 1980. Cool, so COOL!!! Next week is the dreaded TOTM so we’ll see what the scale does but I’m not going to worry I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing and there’s lots and lots of weigh in’s coming up and I know that one day I’ll reach my goal and it won’t be that far in the future either.

So now it’s onward and upwards to the new week. I wish you all well on your life style journey’s. Challenges, road work, blockages and more but you’re strong, your capable, everything is possible you just got to believe in yourself and when you think you can’t do it, there are so many on this journey with you, they have your back, they are there to give you a boost, a push along, a shoulder to lean on and I am here for you too.

Take care my friends, God bless you all!!

*******************************************

Oh one more thing…..

Look what I found at our local thrift store. Now I can take the kids biking and not worry about them getting squished like bugs. It was only $19.97.

0210111324a

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job! That's so exciting that you're so close to the 170's! And the night skiing looked like so much fun :-)

Maude said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad that you're enjoying all this exercise and activity. That's going to make it much easier to stick with it!

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

I like moonlight events. Granted, we don't get to enjoy snowy ones down here in Miami, but in winter, before we get hit with the story, mosquito-ridden months, moonlight stuff is breezy and lovely and romantic. Lots of places host them--tropical garden, Moonlit park walks, Vizcaya Villa, beach drumming circles with the full moon, moonlight yoga even. :)

We need to do more of those.

I like the "campfire" effect pics. :)

Patrick said...

In the winter our challenge is to find alternate exercise that is also enjoyable. Sure looks like you achieved that here in a big way.

Shawn said...

That looks like so much fun! Good job on the 2# weight loss!

Michele said...

Love the moonlight skiing pictures. You are really rocking! Love that bike carrier find,too. I love mine and use it all the time. Finally congrats on a new low!! Wow, Julie. You are inspiring!