Saturday, January 8, 2011

Word by word, meal by meal, exercise by exercise…

It’s a no brainer. When someone takes the time to help you lose weight. Does all the leg work, the paper work, the research, does the plan and has the results why is it I think I can do better? Why is it just not easier to follow a piece of paper then think I can think better?

For 11 weeks I have been following, working with and seeing results with Allan's Challenges. I have lost 13 lbs with Allan’s challenges. He has taken the time to teach me things, show me how do do stuff, answer my questions and more. And this week, well I gained…yes gained… 2 lbs. Why did I do this, because my brain thought it could do better. It thought I could make something with a few less calories, I could work out just a tad better or differently. It thought it knew more then the man that has already lost more weight then a whole person. STUPID ME!!!!

So what am I doing right now? Well other then writing this post? I am writing up a grocery list, something that goes with the menus that Allan has offered. I am looking at my calendar and planning the days to do the exercise and more than he has listed. I am planning on losing the 2 lbs I gained and another 1 or 2 that I need to, to catch up to where I should of been if I had followed the plan.

It’s my fault, no one else’s. There’s no point in saying anything else. I made a pinky promise to Allan I will do this. I will stay the course, I will do what I know needs to be done so that I can be at my goal weight by my 31st anniversary. So I can put on my wedding dress (or by the way, when I say wedding dress…I don’t mean a white flowing gown, I eloped when I got married and it’s a pretty bluish lacy dress I made when I was 17) and give my hubby a hug with out bat wings.

That’s it folks. I am sad I didn’t do things right this week but there’s today, the start of my new week to do what I know I can, I will.

Take care my friends and God Bless!!!

6 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

JULIE: STOP BASHING yourself!!. BFD as my brother would say..lol.. GF, we all have cheated at something. the fact u realized it and caught it, GOOD FOR YOU!. This diet thing is all a mindset.. You have to accept it like a philosophy... The fact u are eating healthier should tell u that u are doing good to your body. think of the it in the long run... Next year or 5 years from now, the way u eat now will pay off later... Have u heard of the Paleo Diet? Its where u eat similar to how man ate back in the past... Meat, chicken, fish, fruit, nuts, veggies... I've read some blogs where people have succeeded losing weight... This gal :
http://cocinadiary.blogspot.com/
has posted recipes pertaining to that diet... Her meatball and zucchini is one that falls in that category.. Go thru her blogs and u will see some ideas.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

funny, I had a similar week. I still need to modify his plan BUT, I need to look at the guidelines closer for how many servings of meat, veggies, fruit and dairy I need. I know I ate my 1200 calories worth but they might not have been the best choices. So I am going over my menu closer for this week and will try to plan accordingly.

I think I am barely going to come in at 1 lb. lost. That's pushing it too!

Lanie said...

Just a little setback. You're back on track now.

Makes me worry about long-term maintenance issues in the long run . . but we'll jump off that bridge when we come to it. :)

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Sorry about your gain... just a bump in the road. It's about the whole journey, right? You are making good choices. It's just one choice at a time, girl! Stay positive. :)

~Margene

Empty Nester said...

Unfortunately, set backs are a part of life. What matter is the next step and you are on the right path! The meal in the post below looks Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! I like the wedding dress story! You eloped?!!! Oooh la la! :D :D That is cool!!! :)

The weight- ahh! You were eating healthy. Don't beat up my friend. She meant well when she tried and trying never is in vain.