Friday, August 20, 2010

63 hours, 2 to go…

No I’m not going to make the 72 hour mark I’d like too but 65 hours is a good fasting. I’m starting to get chilled and a bit weak so know that it’s about that time. I am so hoping that this will now be a good start to a beginning. If I can be this committed for 65 hours then there is no reason that chocolate has to call my name and I just run to it’s bidding. There’s no reason I can’t just have a portion of this and that and push away from the table. There is no reason that when it’s time to exercise I just won’t do it. I CAN, I WILL!!!

I have a friends, yes you Vi, that is worried about the fasting. She is a doctor and has so much smarts to offer that if I have a question I will be asking her, if I have an idea that sounds a little off I’ll run it by her. Then there’s Kim who thinks I’m nuttier then a fruit to even have gone this far. There’s Brenda who is so worried she has called 5 times each day and when we exercise is asking the full time if I’m okay.

So this will be the ending to the fasting period. I have got to say though I feel wonderful, really I do. It wasn’t easy at all, a big challenge for me but my body is feeling better. I’m not bloated, listless, angry, full of poop and all the other things I told you about. I am now full of sunshine, willpower and ready to stay on track and lose this last 20 lbs.

So far this week I have walked 28 miles (that’s the normal life walking along with exercise walking), 13 of them with Brenda, 3 with my daddy (the exercise walks). I have exercised 4 days with the Wii. So this week I am going to say was a good week. On Monday I will weigh and measure myself and by then “my friend” (who ever called a period a friend needs to be shot) will be did and done with too.

So this will end this week of posts, I am betting you’re tired of them too. I never ever post this much in a week. I hope I didn’t bore you to death.

Take care my friends, good luck on your life style changes, on your diets, on whatever you are doing to make a new and better you.

Have a great and blessed weekend.

7 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

If u are feeling a bit shaky- eat something... don't be a die hard... a little bit won't mean u failed to do this...

Angie said...

Congratulations! You did awesome!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

If I went 65 hours without eating I'd eat the entire house afterwards!! I'm a bit worried too, I haven't really done research on it but it doesn't sound healthy to me. BUT, if you are feeling good and you're being careful, you'll be okay. Just don't let your first meal today be Twinkies!!

Julie said...

I don't usually leave comments on my comments but wanted to tell you all without making another post.
I made the 65 hours, had a smoothie and fiber bar for lunch. All is okay and I know I will do this again but not for a long time, maybe after Christmas when I way over induldge. My body will tell me.
I do have to tell you I feel awesome. It was worth it all.
Thank you so much for all your support. I really needed it and you guys came through with bells on.
Take care and have a blessed afternoon. Love you all!!!

Gen said...

65 hours is quite a fast! Good luck with those last 20 pounds, I know you can do it. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your encouraging comments. :-)

Carolyn said...

OMG GOOD FOR U Julie!! Don't let people discourage you by there comments. Fasting is a good thing for the body. Just ask Jesus! :)
You go girl! I'm inspired by your will power!!

Tina L. Hook said...

Wait, you are fasting? Wow. If you are feeling empowered then rock on. (Just be careful.)